Winter Greetings from Chewonki!
The theme for December is Connection! Even though we may be physically far apart, we can still stay connected! Connections are relationships, when something can be linked with another thing. At Camp Chewonki, we take time to notice connections in the natural world. We also build connections with our cabin-mates, our favorite farm animal, and to special places that we discover. Connecting can be physical, like a hug, or a smile, or it can be through words, like a letter to a penpal!
This month, think about connections, and how you can connect with friends from camp, or other important people in your life!
From the Camp Office:
- Virtual Info Session – for new and prospective families! – December 10, 2020 – 7:00 PM (RSVP)
- News from the Health Center:
- Updated information has been posted on our website regarding Health & Safety. Click on the link above to read the latest.
- Health Forms are up in CampInTouch (your online camp account). Please log into your account, click on Forms & Documents and see what’s due and when. (Note: You are required to have a doctor visit within one year of starting camp.)
News from the Neck:
Catch up with your favorite animals in this month’s updates:
- Salt Marsh Farm – meet our new farmers and draft horse!
- Wildlife Center – learn about how our owls prepare for the cold of winter!
December’s Chewonki Challenge:
This activity can be fun to do with a friend or family member! Work together to connect the dots, thinking creatively!
Connect with the Camp Community:
Enrolled campers and their families can gather once a month to make friends, play games, and keep the Chewonki community strong.
Please RSVP in advance. (All events are listed in Eastern Standard Time.)
- December 17, 2020 – 7:00 PM (RSVP)
Visit our Events page for more information about upcoming opportunities to connect. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
With best wishes from Chewonki Neck,