What is Community-Building?
How do you get to know the people around you? What does it mean to be a good friend and community member? Who is a part of your community right now? Is it friends, family, or neighbors? At the Challenge Course you can find different ways to build positive relationships and have fun, shared experiences with the people who live with you. Join us here for weekly activities and information on how to earn your Community Building@Home patch!
- To hone your community-building skills this summer and earn your Community Building@Home patch, complete the following checklist, and send us your evidence! You can submit any images or writing that shows you completed a task using the form below or directly through an activity page.
- Complete and submit 3 of the Camp Chewonki@ Home weekly activities with your family or pod.
- Share a picture of your group in action during at least 2 of the challenges.
- Create your own community building activity or challenge and try it out with your family/pod. Share with us how the activity went or photos of the challenge.
- After you complete one of the weekly activities, write a few sentences telling us what you learned about yourself during the activity.